Developing the Business:
- Engages with Store Managers and store teams to identify opportunities to deliver enhanced performance and store profitability.
- Develops an in depth understanding of store performance, the local market demographics, brand performance and local challenges.
- Understands good, great and underperformance across the stores and works with the Store Manager to develop a business plan to address and manage any issues effectively.
- Seeks to fully understand and appreciate the dynamics of the country they are operating within in relation to cultural differences and legal requirements.
- Gives feedback to key commercial contacts and function Heads on issues affecting performance as well as potential new business opportunities.
- Sets KPIs for stores and ensures a clear line of sight between these and individual/team performance.
Operational Excellence :
- Seeks opportunities to enhance and improve store operational practice whilst retaining compliance against company expectations.
- Ensures that tight levels of stock control are maintained at all times and drives continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
- Manages and operates within agreed budgets and seeks opportunities to control costs.
- Shares best practice across the country stores and company to deliver improvements in service, standards and process.
- Implements business directed projects and trials as and when requested.
- For any new store opening, effectively manages through the opening plan to set up the team, merchandise the store and implement brand expectations.
Leading the Customer Agenda :
- Responsible for driving and delivering consistent brand standards and implementing key business strategies and initiatives.
- Ensures consistency of the brand experience through the country working with the visual merchandising team to ensure that product Visual Merchandising is optimised.
- Coaches the management team to fully understand and optimise their local customer market in line with our brand experience and shares best practice to ensure consistent customer service across all stores.
New Store Openings :
- Supports the New Store Project Manager in identifying likely new store locations, understanding market constraints and agreeing critical path activities for opening.
- Takes ownership for working with all key departments in the Centre and within the country to deliver all activities relating to the new store opening critical path.
People Leadership :
- Provides teams with clear and relevant direction to deliver required business activities/initiatives and their individual contribution.
- Develops a highly motivated and high performing skilled team, ensuring that store results are achieved at all times.
- Manages Store Manager performance through timely and constructive feedback and coaching and supports manages with such activities as recruitment and team development.
- Engaging teams in the future vision for the company and developing our talent pipeline.
- Ensures full succession and talent plans are in place for store management teams, takes action to address gaps and there is a supply of management to meet demand.